I have a confession: I tin't stop crying subsequently going on dates.

Some of the crying takes place straight later on, some a few days after, and my favourite kind bubbles up iii to iv months afterwards. Regardless of the timeline, the indicate is, it happens. Every. Single. Time.

I know what you lot're going to say, I should take a break from dating, this isn't normal, I should meet a therapist about this.

Well jokes on y'all, because I hold.

Picket i of the near bad-mannered first dates ever aired on telly. Mail service continues after video.

The thing with my post-date crying rituals, is that I'm non always sad. Sometimes, the crying is an human activity of release. I've grown accepted to information technology and I've actually grown to rely on it to go on my other emotions intact.

Yeah, most of the crying happens after some course of brutal rejection or ghosting merely I besides weep after dates that have gone pretty well.

Don't make fun of me, delight, just it feels like a course of meditation where I can sink into my feelings and so never think most information technology over again.

Having post-date cries is also a great fashion to bargain with everything all at one time instead of letting these emotions mull over a long menstruum of fourth dimension.

Listen to Em on The Undone, giving a masterclass in dating apps. Post continues after podcast.

I would classify myself every bit a serial dater where I average effectually two outset dates a calendar month. Therefore, I've been exposed to many crying opportunities. Due to my feel in the field of tears, I have been able to classify and organise the different types of post-appointment crying into 5 singled-out categories.